How To Use the Gua Sha Facial Lifting Tool - A Video Guide
Start your gua sha routine here. A step by step guide on how to use a gua sha tool, one of our favorite facial tools. Learning the proper technique is very important when using this tool to maximize results.
Here 3 of our top tips for results:
- Consistency is key! Aim to incorporate gua sha into your skincare routine at least once a day, or at minimum 3-4 times a week.
- Always prep the skin with a skincare product so that the tool glides smoothly instead of tugs. Mount Lai skincare is nutrient rich and pairs perfectly with facial tools.
- Proper technique is important to achieve results. Hold the tool flat against the skin instead of digging in the edge.
- Start with a clean face and prep skin with a facial oil or serum to enhance the glide of the gua sha tool and nourish the skin. We love to pair the gua sha tool with Mount Lai's natural skincare products, which are made from nourishing herbs & plants and designed to pair with our tools. Shop skincare here.
- Keep the tool flat against the face and begin with the forehead. Scrape in an upwards motion from the eyebrows to the hairline.
- Move to the cheeks and scrape in an outwards motion starting from the crease of the nose until the ear.
- Move to the jawline and use the end of the gua sha tool with the two curves. Start from the chin and scrape until the ear. Gently massage the gua sha tool into the ear to release tension.
- For the under-eye area, very gently scrape the gua sha tool from the inner corner of the eye outwards to the temple. Because the area is so sensitive, it is important to only apply light pressure.
SHOP THE GUA SHA TOOL
Gua sha has been practiced in Traditional Chinese Medicine for thousands of years. Perfected throughout the centuries, this amethyst gua sha tool was built to have a firming, lifting effect on the skin.
Besides improving overall health and radiance of the skin, regular gua sha practice has a multitude of benefits.
- Promotes lymphatic drainage
- Reduces puffiness and fluid buildup
- Relieves facial and jaw tension
- Aids in circulation to give skin a glow
- Firms and lifts the face over time