A breath of calmness in your busy life. A daily ritual, an act of self care.
What it is:
Gua sha has been practiced in Traditional Chinese Medicine for thousands of years. Perfected throughout the centuries, this black obsidian gua sha tool was built to have a firming, lifting effect on the skin.
Unlike the other stones, Black Obsidian naturally retains warmth and is great to use on congested, blemish prone skin. The warmth of the obsidian encourages stimulation of the lymphatic system and circulation. To warm our Black Obsidian tools, we recommend placing them in a glass of warm water.
What it does:
Besides improving overall health and radiance of the skin, gua sha has a multitude of benefits.
- Promotes lymphatic drainage
- Reduces puffiness and fluid buildup
- Relieves facial and jaw tension
- Aids in circulation to give skin a glow
- Firms and lifts the face over time
How to use:
- Start with a clean face and prep skin with a facial oil or serum to enhance the glide of the gua sha tool and nourish the skin. We love to pair the gua sha tool with Mount Lai's natural skincare products, which are made from nourishing herbs & plants and designed to pair with our tools. Shop skincare here
-Keep the tool flat against the face and begin with the forehead. Scrape in an upwards motion from the eyebrows to the hairline.
- Move to the cheeks and scrape in an outwards motion starting from the crease of the nose until the ear.
- Move to the jawline and use the end of the gua sha tool with the two curves. Start from the chin and scrape until the ear. Gently massage the gua sha tool into the ear to release tension.
- For the under-eye area, very gently scrape the gua sha tool from the inner corner of the eye outwards to the temple. Because the area is so sensitive, it is important to only apply light pressure.
Due to natural variations in stone, every gua sha tool is unique in pattern and color. The stones + crystals we use are authentic and natural. We do not artificially dye or treat the stones to let their true beauty shine through.
Use our facial tools and skincare for naturally glowing, radiant skin. Pair different tools together with our skincare to maximize results. We harness ancient beauty secrets with a modern approach to craft gentle yet effective tools and skincare. Our products are easy to use and perfect to add to your everyday ritual. For a detailed guide on how to use,
read our Guidebook
A Brand Rooted in History and Culture...
We believe in wisdom through the ages. Our products are based around Traditional Chinese Medicine practices that have been passed down through generations, inspired by founder Stephanie Zheng's grandmother. Our skincare products are formulated in collaboration with Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioners, using herbs intentionally selected for their healing and beneficial properties that have been studied extensively throughout history. Learn more here
learn more here
We offer free standard US shipping on all domestic orders over $50.
For in stock items, orders placed before 11 am EST will ship the same day. If you place an order after 11 am EST, your order will ship the following business day. Please note that orders placed after 11 am EST on Fridays will be shipped the following Monday.
Unfortunately once the package has shipped, we are unable to refund shipping fees as the payment has been made to the postal carrier. Shipping fees are nonrefundable and we are not responsible for lost or stolen packages.
We ship to the UK & EU. To get your order to you, we've partnered with Passport Shipping and they will be the Seller for all orders to the UK for orders under £135 and orders to the EU for orders €150 and under.
If you place an order with a pre-ordered item, your entire order will ship together once the pre-ordered item is available.
We want you to love every aspect of your Mount Lai products. If there is an issue with your order, please send a note within fourteen days of delivery to email@example.com. Please note that returns must be in original packaging and shipping is non-refundable. If a return label is requested, return shipping costs will be deducted from the refund amount.