Last Updated: September 25, 2023
Please read this Policy carefully to understand how we handle your information. By using the Services, you acknowledge that you have read and understand this Policy and that we collect, use, and share your information as set forth below.
Information We Collect
- Information You Provide
We collect information that you provide to us when you interact with us or the Services, such as when you place an order, create an account, engage with content on the Services, fill out a webform or quiz, leave a product review, sign up for our rewards program or newsletter, or contact us. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, phone number, email address, payment information, date of birth, and login information.
- Information Collected Automatically
When you interact with our online Services, we and our vendors may collect certain information about you automatically via cookies, pixels/web beacons, and similar technologies. Cookies are small text files placed on your device that perform a variety of functions, including recognizing your device, remembering your preferences, enabling the Services to function, assisting with security, and improving our advertising and analytics. Cookies and similar technologies may collect identifiers that allow them to perform these functions.
- Information From Other Sources
We may collect information about you from other sources, such as social media networks (for example, when you interact with us on Instagram), other publicly available sources and databases, data aggregators, marketing companies, and other parties to help us supplement our records.
- How We Use Information
We may use the information we collect in various ways, depending on the type of information, including for the following purposes:
- To authenticate you and allow you to log into your account;
- To provide you with the Services, including to process orders;
- To communicate with you, such as to communicate about your orders, notify you of changes to our terms and policies, or respond to your questions or requests;
- To monitor, analyze, and improve the Services, such as to test and create new products, features and services;
- To advertise and market our services to you, including on third-party websites and via email (subject to any opt-out preferences you have communicated to us);
- To maintain the security and integrity of the Services and for fraud prevention;
- To comply with legal requirements, relevant industry standards, and our policies;
- To protect the rights, safety, property, or security of Mount Lai, our users and customers, employees, third parties, members of the public and/or our Services;
- To exercise our legal rights and enforce our terms and policies; and
- For any other purpose, subject to obtaining any required consent.
We may combine information that we collect automatically or that you provide to us with information that we obtain from other sources for any of the purposes above.
We may aggregate or appropriately de-identify any information we collect. We may use and disclose aggregated or appropriately de-identified information for any purpose and to any third parties, in our discretion.
- How We Disclose Information
We disclose the information we collect as follows:
- Internally. Mount Lai employees may access your information.
- Service providers and vendors. We may disclose your information to third parties that provide business, professional, or technical support functions on our behalf, including by providing website and database hosting and maintenance, information security, fraud detection and prevention, email management, user authentication services, marketing and advertising, and data analytics.
- Legal matters and safety. We may disclose your information as we deem necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws and regulations, respond to legal process (such as subpoenas or regulatory inquiries), obtain legal counsel, exercise our legal rights (including to enforce our terms and policies), or protect the rights, safety, property, or security of Mount Lai, our customers, employees, third parties, members of the public and/or our Services.
- Business transfers. We may disclose your information if we undergo organizational restructuring (e.g., a sale, merger, or acquisition), or in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership. In such transactions or events (including in contemplation of transactions, e.g., due diligence), we may disclose your information. If any of our assets are sold or transferred to a third party, your information may be one of the transferred business assets.
- With your permission. We may disclose your information in ways you consent to at the time of collection or as you otherwise permit us.
We retain your information for as long as we deem necessary to fulfill the purposes for which such information was collected. In determining how long to retain information, we take a number of factors into account, including, but not limited to, the nature of the information, the purpose for which the information is used, legal requirements, and technical requirements of our Services (e.g., system backups).
- Marketing communications
You may opt out of marketing emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the emails. Please note that if you opt out of marketing communications, we may still send you service-related communications such as an email informing you about a transaction you completed on the online store, or a notice of changes to our legal terms, including this Policy.
If you have opted into receiving SMS/text messages from us, we may send text messages about our store, new products, and other updates, including “Checkout Reminders,” and we use webhooks to trigger the Checkout Reminders messaging system. You may choose to stop receiving marketing SMS/text messages by opting out as described in the messages.
- Online Analytics
- Online advertising
We may allow third-party advertising technologies (e.g., ad networks and ad servers, or other advertising partners) to place cookies or other tracking technologies on your browser or device to collect information about you to assist in the delivery of relevant advertising on other websites you visit and other online services you use. These ads may be based on your current activity or your activity over time and across other websites and online services and may be tailored to your interests. For example, if you visit the Mount Lai website, you may see ads for Mount Lai on other websites you visit.
We neither have access to, nor does this Policy govern, the cookies or other tracking technologies that may be placed on the device you use to access the Services by such non-affiliated third parties. If you are interested in more information about tailored browser advertising and how you can generally control cookies from being put on your computer to deliver tailored advertising, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out link, the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Opt-Out link, or Your Online Choices to opt out of receiving tailored advertising from companies that participate in those programs. You also may opt-out from Google Analytics for Display Advertising or the Google Display Network by using Google’s Ads Settings.
- “Do Not Track”
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a setting that users can enable in certain web browsers. DNT signals do not have a commonly agreed up meaning and we do not currently recognize or respond to DNT signals.
- Choices Regarding Your Information
To make a request about your information, you may send the request to email@example.com. We will review your request on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law. For us to fulfill your request, you may be required to provide additional information to verify your identity or otherwise as needed to assist us in fulfilling your request.
- Third-party Links and Content
The Services may have links to third-party websites or services that may have privacy policies that differ from ours. We are not responsible for the practices of such websites or services. You should check their privacy policies to understand how they handle your information.
Likewise, the Services may have third-party content. We are not responsible in any way for third-party content on our Services and do not make any representations concerning the accuracy of such content. You interact with third-party content at your own risk.
- Supplemental Notice for Non-United States Residents
Please note that Mount Lai is located in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that we process and store your information in the United States. Your information will be protected subject to this Policy and United States laws, which may not be as protective as the data protection laws in your country. To understand your rights with regard to your information, please visit the website of the appropriate data protection authority for your region.
- Changes to this Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes, we will change the Last Updated date above. We encourage you to read this Policy carefully and regularly check for changes. You acknowledge that your continued use of the Services after we publish changes to this Policy means that the collection, use, and sharing of your information is subject to the updated Policy.
- Contact Us
If you have questions about this Policy, please contact us at the following:
Via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Via mail by writing us at:
8 The Green, Suite #6815
Dover, DE 19901